This delicious and simple pork and apple meatballs are baked rather than fried. This is a healthy, kid-friendly recipe that is paleo, Whole30, gluten-free and low-carb.
- 1.1kg / 2 1/2 pounds mince pork (ground pork)
- 2 apples, peeled and finely diced
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder or 2 large garlic cloves, finely diced
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 tablespoons ground sage
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon sea salt (Irey’s addition but leave out if avoiding salt for some reason)
- Preheat the oven to 215° C/425° F. Prepare a rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper. You will most likely need more than one if you are going to use the entire amount of pork mince.
- Combine all of your spices into a large bowl.
- Add in the ground pork. Using your hands, spread the spices onto all of the meat. Then, you can add in the diced apples, season with sea salt and combine thoroughly.
- Create 30-40 meatballs (about 30g/1-oz each). Spread them evenly on the parchment lined baking sheet.
- Bake meatballs in the oven for 25-30 minutes until they appear golden brown.
- Serve with your favourite side dish. I prepared mine with zoodles (spiraled zucchini pasta.) Enjoy!
Ground pork can be replaced with turkey or chicken.
- Serving Size: 4 meatballs
- Calories: 304
- Sugar: 4.8 g
- Sodium: 377.1 mg
- Fat: 20.2 g
- Saturated Fat: 6.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 8.6 g
- Fiber: 1.7 g
- Protein: 22.9 g
- Cholesterol: 85 mg