For a quick and easy dinner meal, make these simple yet delicious Mediterranean baked salmon fillets with rosemary, garlic, chili and tomato paste. Ready in 30 minutes, this salmon dish is nutritious and healthy. It’s gluten-free, paleo, keto and Whole30 friendly.
4 medium salmon fillets, skin on (150–170 g / 5–7 oz each)
1.5–2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon chopped rosemary (fresh or dry)
3 cloves of garlic, finely diced or minced
1–2 teaspoons finely diced red chilli (less or more for taste)
A little olive oil or a little butter/ghee
To serve: lemon wedges
- Preheat oven to 200°C (390°F).
- Place a piece of parchment paper on a flat baking tray or prepare a lightly greased oven tray.
- Brush the fleshy side of the salmon fillets with tomato paste, just a thin layer. Sprinkle evenly with salt, rosemary, garlic and a little chilli. Drizzle each fillet with a little bit of olive oil or place a piece of butter or ghee on top. I personally love a little butter for extra richness.
- Place salmon fillets, skin side down, on the tray. Bake for 15 minutes or until cooked to your liking. Larger or thicker pieces might take closer to 20 minutes.
- While salmon is baking, prepare a salad or another side dish you like.
Ocean trout or white fish fillets can also be used in this recipe. You can use one large, whole salmon half instead of individual fillets, which looks especially nice when served for a ‘fancy’ dinner.
- Serving Size: 1 salmon fillet
- Calories: 246
- Sugar: 0.8 g
- Sodium: 726.1 mg
- Fat: 11 g
- Saturated Fat: 1.9 g
- Carbohydrates: 2.8 g
- Fiber: 0.9 g
- Protein: 35 g
- Cholesterol: 79.1 mg
Keywords: Salmon, Fish, Mediterranean, Dinner, Gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30, Keto