Learn how to make Balsamic Chicken & Mushrooms Sheet Pan Bake – a delicious and easy-to-make one-pan meal that is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner. The tender chicken thighs, savoury mushrooms and onions are baked and coated in a flavourful balsamic glaze. This meal is gluten-free, Paleo, Whole30 and low-carb friendly.
- 2 teaspoons coconut oil or olive oil
- 4 chicken thighs (skin off, no bone), diced
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 large onion, halved and sliced
- 150 –170 g / 6 oz button mushrooms, halved and smaller ones left whole
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Balsamic glaze sauce
- 1 clove of garlic, grated or finely diced
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar (aged, ideally, or add 1 teaspoon of honey)
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce (or Tamari or coconut aminos)
- A handful of chopped spring onion, to garnish (optional, other herbs can also be used)
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F. Grease a flat sheet pan/oven tray with coconut oil or olive oil.
- Scatter the chicken evenly on the tray. Season with half a teaspoon of sea salt.
- Top the chicken with onions and mushrooms (see image) and sprinkle with another half teaspoon of sea salt. Drizzle with 2 tablespoons of olive oil and place the tray in the oven, middle shelf.
- Bake for 15 minutes, then remove from the oven and stir the mushrooms and chicken through. Place back in the oven for 5 more minutes.
- In the meantime, whisk together the sauce ingredients in a small bowl. Finally, remove the chicken again and drizzle evenly with the sauce. Stir through and bake for 5 more minutes, until the sauce is lightly caramelised and sticky.
- Prepare any side vegetables or a salad while the chicken is baking. Serve while hot.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 408
- Sugar: 7.5 g
- Sodium: 1261.8 mg
- Fat: 20.8 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 1.6 g
- Protein: 42.2 g
- Cholesterol: 186.7 mg
Keywords: Chicken mushroom bake, chicken mushroom recipes, Balsamic chicken, sheet pan dinner, sheep pan meals, low-carb, Whole30, gluten-free, Paleo, healthy dinner,