This recipe is for a single, main meal serving. Simply increase or decrease the amounts as needed.
- Small dollop of coconut oil
- 3 rashes of streaky bacon (2 of them diced)
- 1 small garlic clove, diced
- 8–10 cooked prawns (or raw, use less if using king/jumbo prawns)
- 2 cups chopped lettuce or green salad
- 5–6 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/3 red capsicum/bell pepper, sliced
- 1–2 tablespoon diced green onions/scallions
- 1/2 acovado, sliced
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Pinch of black pepper
- Pinch of sea salt
- Heat up a small dollop of coconut oil in a skillet and pan fry the bacon until crispy. Remove to a bowl and reserve the fat in the pan.
- Add the prawns, cooked or raw to the same, and add the garlic. Cook for a minute, if using cooked prawns, or for two minutes if using raw.
- Dice two rashers of bacon and add to the salad. Mix the salad dressing and combine with the rest of the salad ingredients, diced bacon, and prawns.
- Top with the last bacon slice, and sliced avocado.