Learn how to make super easy, yet mouthwateringly tasty cumin-spiced grilled butter steak. It will surprise you how such a simple recipe and mixture of ingredients can produce such a complex, umami-rich and delicious meat. The recipe and nutrition notes below are for one steak but can be shared by two people with a couple of side dishes.
For one steak
- 200–250 g / 0.5 lb rump steak or sirloin
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1.5 tablespoons butter
- Season the steak with cumin, salt and pepper evenly on both sides and rub in with your fingers. Set aside.
- Heat a tablespoon of olive oil and 1 teaspoon of butter in a grill pan over medium-high heat (8 on induction). Once hot, add the steak and top it with another teaspoon of butter on top.
- Cook for 4 minutes on the first side, swirling the melted oil and butter in a pan halfway through. Then turn the steak over, the butter on top will melt under the meat. Cook for 3.5 minutes on the opposite side. As the steak is cooking, add another teaspoon of butter on top of the cooked side of the steak; it will melt over the meat and drip into the pan. This cooking time is for a medium level of doneness.
- Once done, remove the steak onto a cutting board and rest for 2 minutes. This is important for a nice, juicy steak! Remove the pan from heat and use a spatula to stir and scrape all the yummy buttery juices from the bottom. Keep these.
- Once rested, sliced the steak or keep it whole and pour the cumin butter juices over the top. Garnish with parsley or green onions.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 559
- Sugar: 0 g
- Sodium: 1305 mg
- Fat: 40.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 0.8 g
- Fiber: 0.3 g
- Protein: 50.8 g
- Cholesterol: 170 mg
Keywords: Beef Recipes, Steak, Butter, Cumin, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Keto, Steak Recipes