For the infusion
- 3 large grapefruits (pink or regular or both)
- 1 lemon
- 3 oranges (blood orange and regular)
- 8 juniper berries
- 6 cardamom pods
- 1 sprig rosemary
- Sparkling water or soda water
- Ice cubes
- Peel off some rind off the grapefruit, lemon and orange. You want about 3-5 inches long peels, one or two of each fruit to add to the bottle.
- Cut the fruit in half and juice into a bowl, don’t worry about the fruit flesh falling in.
- Strain the juice through a sieve to catch the meat.
- Add the juniper berries, cardamom pods and rosemary sprig to a bottle or other vessel with a lid. Add a peel of each citrus fruit and then pour in the strained juices. Shake well.
- Infuse overnight or for a couple of days or use right away.
- I like to use half and half of each juice infusion and sparkling water over ice but you can play around with ratios. Feel free to add some lime if you like.