Learn how to make hot honey chicken tenders! Tender, juicy chicken tenders coated in flavourful Parmesan crumbs, oven-baked until golden and crispy and drizzled with spicy hot honey for that perfect sweet and savoury dish with just a touch of heat.
For hot honey
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1.5 teaspoons dried chili flakes
- 1.5 teaspoons white wine or apple cider vinegar
- A pinch of salt
- 1.1–1.2 lb / 500-550 g / 8 chicken tenders (or chicken breast meat cut into 8 tender-size strips)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 medium to large eggs
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons hot honey
For the Parmesan crumbs
- 1 cup grated Parmesan (finely grated, loosely packed)
- 2/3 cup bread crumbs (regular or gluten-free, you can use Panko too)
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
Olive oil spray
- Make hot honey. Add honey, chilli flakes and vinegar into a small pot or pan and warm them gently over medium heat. Wait until some bubbles start appearing near the edges of the pot but don’t let it come to a boil or it will thicken too much. Remove from heat and set aside for 5 minutes for the honey to infuse with more chili flavour. Then strain through a fine sieve. Set aside.
- Get the oven ready. Preheat oven to 200 C (400°F). Line a baking tray/sheet with non-stick parchment paper or lightly grease it with oil spray or a coating of oil. Set aside.
- Prepare the egg mixture. In a medium bowl, whisk together the egg, mustard, salt, olive oil and a little bit of hot honey.
- Marinate chicken. Add chicken tenders to the egg mixture, stir through and let them site for 5 minutes while preparing the crumb mixture. You can also do this step ahead of time and let them marinate in the egg mixture for 30 minutes to an hour in the refrigerator.
- Prepare Parmesan crumbs. In another bowl, combine breadcrumbs, garlic powder, onion powder, paprika, turmeric, salt and finely grated Parmesan cheese.
- Crumb the chicken. Dredge the egg-coated chicken in the breadcrumb Parmesan mixture. Press lightly to coat evenly.
- Bake the chicken. Arrange crumbed tenders on the baking sheet or tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray. This will make them extra crispy when baked.
- Bake for 10 minutes on one side, then flip and bake for a further 7-8 minutes until cooked through. You can also pop the tray under the broil/grill for an extra minute or two for an extra golden, crunchy top. Do not over-bake as chicken tenders can get tough quickly!
- Drizzle with honey. Remove from the oven and drizzle generously with the hot honey. You can’t over-drizzle these! If unsure, you can always serve extra hot honey on the side.
- Serving Size: 2 chicken tenders / 1 tablespoon hot honey
- Calories: 440
- Sugar: 23.4 g
- Sodium: 1418.4 mg
- Fat: 14.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 37.4 g
- Fiber: 1.4 g
- Protein: 39.8 g
- Cholesterol: 195.1 mg
Keywords: Chicken Tenders, Chicken Tenderloin, Baked Chicken, Hot Honey, Honey Chicken, Chicken Recipes, Dinner