- 150 g / 5.5 oz. blanched (skinless) almonds
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup water
- Juice of 1 lemon,
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 teaspoon sea salt or Celtic salt
- Pinch of pepper
- Pre-blanch the almonds, if you need to. See the link in Cook’s notes.
- Add the almonds to a bowl of warm water with a generous pinch of salt and soak for 3-4 hours.
- Rinse the pre-soaked almonds and add to a food processor. Add the rest of the ingredients and process until smooth.
- Drizzle with a little extra olive oil and some paprika and parsley when serving, if you like.
- Store in the fridge, drizzle with a little more oil to prevent the dip from drying as the almonds love to absorb the moisture.
- Serve this dip with radishes, carrot and celery sticks or red peppers. It’s also yummy on salads and vegetables.