Learn how to make high-protein cottage cheese pancakes that are fluffy, subtly sweet, and delicious. With around 30 grams of protein per serving, these pancakes are satiating and perfect for breakfast that will taste like dessert.
- 1 cup cottage cheese, 250 g / 8.5-9 oz
- 1/2 cup almond meal, 25-30 g / 1 oz
- 1/3 cup vanilla protein powder, whey, 25-30 gram scoop or 1 oz
- 1/4 cup gluten-free flour, 25-30 g / 1 oz
- 3 large eggs
- 1.5 tsp baking powder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Plus, your favourite toppings: maple syrup, honey, berries, yoghurt, cream.
- Prepare ingredients. Measure out the ingredients and add all to a large mixing bowl.
- Whisk the batter. Use an immersion stick blender or an electric whisk to blend the ingredients into a thick batter. You can also use a food processor or a standing blender, or vigorously whisk by hand. The batter will be nice and thick; it should be smooth but you will still see some of the cottage cheese curds.
- Cook the pancakes. Heat a tablespoon of oil and a dollop of butter in a large frying pan. You can use a non-stick pan and spray it with a little oil. I used medium-high heat, to begin with (number 7 on induction), but I found that for the second batch of pancakes, the pan was too hot, so I dropped it down a notch to medium (6 on induction).
- Add a heaped tablespoon of the batter per pancake, leaving enough space between pancakes in the pan as the batter will spread during cooking. I made a mistake when testing and added too much batter per pancake; they spread too much and I ended up with pancakes running into each other.
- Cook for 2-2.5 minutes on the first side and 2 minutes after flipping. Be careful turning the pancakes over. Slide the spatula under each pancake all the way and flip swiftly. Add a little more oil and butter between batches.
- Serve. Serve while hot with your favourite toppings: berries, banana, maple syrup or honey, Greek yoghurt or extra cottage cheese.
- Serving Size: 4 pancakes
- Calories: 468
- Sugar: 5 g
- Sodium: 363.5 mg
- Fat: 28.7 g
- Carbohydrates: 24.4 g
- Fiber: 4.4 g
- Protein: 28.4 g
- Cholesterol: 203.8 mg
Keywords: Cottage Cheese, Protein Pancakes, High-Protein, Low-Carb, Gluten-Free, Pancake Recipes, Healthy Pancakes, Cottage Cheese Recipes