This healthy radish salad with hard-boiled egg and creamy dressing is perfect for those looking for a low-carb, keto and gluten-free dish. It can be served as a side but it’s satiating enough to be its own light meal.
This radish salad with hard-boiled egg and creamy dressing is a family favourite. My mum has always grown radishes and spring onions in her garden so we would eat this simple and healthy salad throughout the year.
Radishes are easy to grow so they are usually available across seasons. They are full of vitamin C and have good levels of folate, vitamin B-6, riboflavin, thiamin and minerals such as iron, magnesium, copper and calcium. Hard-boiled eggs add a bit of protein and good fats making this salad quite satiating.
Traditionally, all ingredients are combined with a creamy dressing made from whole egg mayonnaise and sour cream but you can easily use lemon juice and olive oil if you avoid dairy or eggs. I am posting the original recipe with my own little twist.
Tip: To store the radishes, remove the green leaves which will otherwise zap nutrition from the root, and keep in the fridge in a plastic bag or an air-tight container. They should stay fresh for about a week.
You might also like:
Turmeric Fried Eggs With Roasted Pumpkin
Devilled Eggs – Three Ways
Italian Sheet Pan Eggs With Prosciutto & Artichokes
Radish Salad With Eggs & Creamy Dressing
- Prep Time: 15 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 25 mins
- Yield: 1-2 1x
- Category: Salad
This keto and gluten-free radish salad has a little dairy in the dressing but it can be easily omitted. Add a little olive juice and lemon juice instead.
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 bunch of radishes (6–8 medium radish bulbs), thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup chopped spring onion/scallions
For the dressing
- 1 tablespoon whole egg mayonnaise (less sweet variety or homemade olive oil based is best)
- 1 tablespoon crème fraîche, sour cream or yoghurt (can be omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- Pinch cracked pepper
- A few small salad leaves
- Cook the eggs in boiling water for 8-10 minutes. Rinse under cold water for a few minutes and peel. Cut eggs in half and separate the whites from the yolks. Crumble the yolk and dice the whites.
- Combine mayonnaise, crème fraîche, mustard, lemon juice, salt and pepper to make the dressing.
- Smear some of the dressing on the bottom of a large serving plate. Place a thick layer of radishes and sprinkle with green onion, diced egg whites and yolk crumble. Drizzle with a tablespoon of the dressing over the top and garnish with a few salad leaves. If presentation is not important, just toss everything together with the dressing and serve in a salad bowl.
Macros for the whole salad (can be served as a side for 2 or as a meal for 1): 300 calories, 14 grams fat, 8 grams carbohydrates, 4 grams sugars, 2 grams fibre, 15 grams protein.
Thanks for this. I generally don’t like radishes, but made this after we ended up with 2 bunches from a local farm… and it was awesome! Such a good combination of egg and radish, and the dressing seemed to take some of the peppery fire from the radishes.
I’ve just added this to our “staple” recipe store…
Glad you liked it and happy radishes didn’t get wasted 🙂
I grow radishes lettuce and spring onions along with other things and made a lovely salad with these plus a little edam cheese a boiled egg and a leftover cold sausage all dressed with a small amount of lowfat mayonnaise. You are right this combination of flavours really works but I discovered it by chance by what salad things are in season in my garden right now. I will look closely at your other healthy recipes. Kind Regards.
Thanks, Chris. How wonderful that you can harvest both of those things from your garden 🙂