This healthy and nutritious sheet pan baked salmon with herb and garlic sauce, served with vibrant green vegetables is quick and easy and suitable for paleo, keto, whole30 and AIP diets.
Not sure if you’ve noticed, but I’ve been obsessed with quick and easy sheet pan meals recently. You might have tried my chorizo, chicken and asparagus bake, this quick and easy baked spiced cod with Brussels sprouts, my mushroom with balsamic chicken and onions, or my Italian sheet pan baked eggs. Today, I’m giving you a nutritious, delicious, super food packed meal of baked salmon with zesty herb and garlic sauce and green vegetables.
This sheet pan meal ticks so many boxes: paleo, keto, AIP and Whole30 friendly, it’s a perfect meal for anyone doing a reset. It has loads of green veggies, it has omega-3s rich fish, it’s quick and easy, and most importantly, it’s full of flavour.
I am using salmon fillets because I love oily fish and my partner really likes this particular type of fish. You can use any other part of salmon, like salmon steaks which are cheaper, or any other fish that suits your budget and location.
You can also make this with prawns or chicken instead of fish. For prawns, start baking the vegetables earlier and add the prawns in the last 5 minutes as they don’t need much time to cook. For chicken, it’s the other way around. Slice the chicken fillets into thinner strips and bake for 5 minutes before adding the vegetables, then cook for 15 more minutes together, so a total of 20 minutes for thin strips of chicken.
For the sauce
- 2 medium cloves of garlic grated
- 3 tablespoons parsley coriander or basil will also work, finely chopped
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
For the rest
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil or olive oil to grease the pan
- 4 salmon fillets whatever size suits your pan and appetite
- 12-14 Brussels sprouts halved
- 12-14 asparagus spears hard ends cut off and rinsed
- 1 bunch broccolini florets or broccoli rabe or 1/2 head of regular broccoli in florets
- Extra olive oil sea salt, pepper and lemon
- Preheat the oven to 200 C / 400 F.
- Mix together the sauce in a small bowl and set aside.
- Grease a large sheet pan or flat-ish baking tray with about a tablespoon of olive oil and place the salmon fillets in the middle, leaving about an inch of space in between. Spread even amounts of the sauce over the top of each salmon fillet.
- Scatter the green vegetables around and in between the fillets, overlapping each other is fine. Drizzle the vegetables lightly with olive oil (about 2 tablespoons) and the juice of half of the remaining lemon. Sprinkle with a few pinches of sea salt and pepper.
- Place the tray in the oven for 15 minutes, rotating halfway if your oven is slightly uneven in temperature (like mine).
- Serve while hot with any additional vegetables, salads, or starchy carbs if desired.