Grilled paprika and lime grilled chicken tenderloins are great with any side dish and can be used in salads, tacos, and wraps. Can be cooked outdoors or on a stove.
- 900 grams / 2 lbs of chicken tenderloins
- Coconut oil or olive oil for frying
For the marinade
- 5 teaspoons of sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper or chill powder
- 1 + 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Allspice (optional but very nice and gives it a Jerk flavour)
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely diced or grated
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste/puree
- 2 limes (zest + juice from one lime for the marinade and juice from the second when serving)
- Mix the marinade ingredients in a large bowl. Rinse the chicken and cut larger pieces in half.
- Using your hands, rub the chicken with the marinade. Leave in the bowl, wrap with cling wrap and set aside in the fridge for at least one hour before grilling.
- If using a grill plate or a skillet on your stove, heat one teaspoon of coconut oil until sizzling hot. Fry the chicken pieces for 4 minutes on each side and then remove to a plate to rest. Make sure not to overcrowd the frying pan or you will end up with too much meat juice and stewed rather than grilled chicken.
- If using a BBQ, heat the plate to sizzling hot and either spray with olive oil or brush with coconut oil. Place chicken pieces on the plate with a little space in between and cook for 4 minutes on each side on medium/high heat with the lid on.
- Remove cooked chicken to a serving plate and drizzle with lime juice before serving.
- Serving Size: 2-3 tenderloins
- Calories: 331
- Sugar: 1 g
- Sodium: 783.6 mg
- Fat: 16.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 4.4 g
- Fiber: 1.3 g
- Protein: 41.3 g
- Cholesterol: 131.4 mg
Keywords: Tenderloins, Chicken, Paprika, Lime, BBQ, Grilling, Low-Carb, Paleo, Whole30