This Chinese inspired omelette meal is just as good for dinner as it is for breakfast. I like to spice up my breakfast omelettes with new flavours and textures and, having a little obsession with Asian flavours, I have to say that this is a total winner.
This recipe is designed for one person but you can simply multiply the ingredients and make the egg omelette in batches. Coconut aminos is a soy sauce alternative made from fermented coconut nectar. It’s soy-free and has a pleasant salty/sweet taste. Gluten-free Tamari sauce can be used instead. Other vegetables can be used such as diced cabbage, carrot strips, zucchini, asparagus, broccolini, red or yellow peppers, bean sprouts.Print
Asian Omelette with Mushrooms & String Beans
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 20 mins
- Yield: 1 1x
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- Handful of fresh string beans, tails cut off and sliced
- 1/4 cup sliced zucchini (optional, if you have some on hand)
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1 teaspoon finely diced fresh ginger
- 1 small garlic clove, finally diced
- 1 teaspoon fish sauce
- 2 teaspoons coconut aminos (or 1 tbsp Tamari sauce)
- Pinch of chilli flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 2 eggs
- Pinch of salt
- 3/4 teaspoon curry powder
- Serve with diced cucumber, chopped coriander or mint and spring onions
- Heat coconut oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the string beans, zucchini, mushrooms and ginger. Stir-fry for 2-3 minutes, then add the garlic, fish sauce and coconut aminos. Cook for a further minute or two, then drizzle with sesame oil and remove to a plate.
- While mushrooms and beans are cooking, whisk two eggs with a pinch of salt and curry powder.
- Pour the egg mixture into a hot, empty frying pan (add a little more coconut oil if dry). Swirl the egg mixture around to form a flat round omelette shape. Cook for 1 minute until just slightly uncooked in the middle. Add the beans and mushroom mixture in the middle and gently fold the omelette over. Transfer to a plate and serve with fresh herbs such as coriander/cilantro and chopped green onion. A little cucumber on the side, for freshness.
wow. looks and sounds amazing! thx!!!
There are lots of food blogger like this But the best food recipe “Asian Omelette with Mushrooms & String Beans” is yours. Thanks for giving me this wonderful blog. I will try to make it like you.