This quick and easy prawn stir-fry comes with crunchy and nutritious broccoli and cashew nuts, and a touch of chilli. It’s a quick and easy dinner (under 20 minutes) and super tasty. This recipe is paleo, gluten-free, Whole30 and keto-friendly.
What You Need What For This Prawn (Shrimp) Stir-Fry
There are three key ingredients in this dish: raw prawns (or shrimp), broccoli and roasted cashew nuts. You can use raw cashew nuts, but in my opinion, the roasted ones are much better for this recipe.
The rest are a few beautiful Asian aromatics – garlic, chilli, ginger – and sauces, which you can easily get online or in your local health food store. If you’re not familiar with coconut aminos, read this blog post.
The whole stir-fry takes about 20-25 minutes and can be served as is if you want a paleo/low-carb meal or with some rice, rice noodles or quinoa on the side.
Make-ahead tip: You can save even more time by making a batch of my paleo stir-fry sauce to store in the fridge. It can easily be used for this dish.
More Healthy Dinner Recipes
- Check out more healthy meals under 30 minutes here.
- Surf & Turf Shrimp Steak Salad
- Coconut Curry Shrimp Stir-Fry
- Shrimp & Scallion Fritters
- Lemongrass Shrimp Cauliflower Rice
- Prawn Arrabbiata With Zucchini Noodles
Prawn & Broccoli Stir-Fry With Cashews
- Prep Time: 5 mins
- Cook Time: 10 mins
- Total Time: 15 mins
- Yield: 2 1x
- Category: Main
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Asian
This quick and easy paleo stir-fry with shrimp, cashew nuts and broccoli takes less than 30 minutes and is gluten-free, low-carb and Whole30 friendly. You can serve it as is or add regular rice on the side.
- 1 small head of broccoli (1/2 large head), cut into small florets
- 1+1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1/2 long red chili, diced
- 1 tablespoon of finely diced or grated ginger
- 1/2 cup roasted cashew nuts
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 3 tablespoons coconut aminos (or Tamari wheat-free soy sauce)
- 1 teaspoon honey (omit for Whole30/Keto)
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- Juice of 1/4 lemon or 1/2 lime (about 1–2 tablespoons of juice)
- 250 g / 8 oz raw peeled prawns/shrimp (frozen prawns can be defrosted ahead of time)
- 2 large cloves garlic, finely diced
- Bring a kettle of water to a boil. Pour a few cups of boiling hot water to a pot and place over high heat. Add the broccoli and cook for 2 minutes. Strain and rinse under cold water. Set aside.
- In the meantime, heat coconut oil in a large frying pan or a wok. Add the chilli, ginger and cashew nuts and stir-fry for a minute, stirring frequently.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the fish sauce, coconut aminos, honey, sesame oil and lemon or lime juice.
- Add the prawns to the pan and stir through for a minute, then add the garlic and stir for 30 more seconds.
- Finally add the pre-cooked broccoli and the sauce and stir-fry together for a minute. Serve right away, while still nice and hot.
- Serving Size: 1 bowl (125 g shrimp)
- Calories: 498
- Sugar: 9.3 g
- Sodium: 2486.6 mg
- Fat: 30.4 g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 32.6 g
- Fiber: 6.2 g
- Protein: 30.2 g
- Cholesterol: 157.5 mg
My husband just brought home a bag of cashews and I was debating on what to make with them – this!! Thanks!
Loving these easy takeout inspired recipes!! Keep them coming!
You had me at 15 minutes! Love quick and delicious recipes like this one.
This looks so delicious! I told my husband about your stir fry sauce and he’s excited to make it, so when we do we will have to make this too!
I love dishes that can be whipped up in minutes and are also full of flavour, like this! Definitely adding this to my list to make, thanks!
You make the best stir fries! I think I could eat this everyday, I love shrimp and cashews, and stir fries are such a good way to enjoy tons of veggies in one sitting!
Once again a tasty meal, that looks delicious and is worthy of my time trying this out! Thanks for presenting some rapid-fire recipes that don’t take up too much time!
Shrimp and broccoli are so perfect together. Add the cashews and it has amazing flavor and crunch. So delish!
Love simple and everyday recipe ! These shrimp and broccoli with cashews speak right to my belly !! Love it !!
YUM! Simple and delicious. My kind of meal.
This looks so good. I miss takeout some times, but with only 15 minutes to make, no excuses! Great recipe Irena!
Thanks Cristina 🙂
I love all of these flavors and how fast the meal comes together! And those cashews in there, so yummy!
I’m all for quick and easy paleo meals that pack in tons of flavor! This one definitely fits the bill!
Yummy yum! Shrimp, cashews, broccoli… just a few of my favorite things. 🙂
I’ll take all the 15-minute meals I can get, and I LOVE cashews in stir-fries! Pinning to try soon.
Wow!!! Made this recipe and really enjoyed it. My boyfriend was amazed on how quickly this meal came together. Didn’t defrost the shrimp enough so slightly watery sauce was still fantastic. Can’t wait to try again.
Thank you, Rena. I’m super happy you enjoyed it. Good to know the slightly frozen shrimp still worked 😉
My daughter is not a big fan of the frozen prawns (finds them too fishy for her palette) so I added halff a glass of white wine when I cooked the prawns. It worked a treat.
Wine, global solution to almost any problem 😉 On a serious note, I’m glad it worked well.
I tried this for dinner tonight and gosh it blew my mind!!! I’m going to make this again and again and again next time!!! Thank you soo much for this recipe. Much loves from Malaysia xx
Hi Anjali, I’m so glad you loved it! Irena 🙂
Delicious 🤤 thank you xx