Quick and easy, Chinese-style chicken broccoli stir-fry that is low-carb, keto, and gluten-free friendly. Serve as is, with cauliflower rice, regular rice, noodles, or quinoa (nutrition notes for all options provided above).
- 2 large chicken breasts, diced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 large head of broccoli, cut into half florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon diced or minced ginger
- 2 large cloves garlic, diced or minced
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons Tamari sauce (or coconut aminos or soy sauce)
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- Prepare chicken. Cut chicken breasts into strips and then cut those into bite-sized pieces. Sprinkle lightly with a little salt and pepper (white pepper is ideal for Chinese flavours).
- Prepare broccoli. Cut broccoli into half florets and leave small ones whole. Dice the ginger and garlic and measure out the sauces (mix them in one bowl for ease).
- Stir-fry broccoli. Heat a tablespoon of olive oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Add the broccoli (cut side down) and cook for 2 minutes covered with a lid. This will help to steam the broccoli while also frying the bottom. Uncover, flip over and cook for 1-2 more minutes. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Stir-fry the chicken. Add another tablespoon of oil to the skillet and cook the chicken for 3 minutes on the first side and 3 minutes on the second side. Remove to a plate and set aside.
- Add aromatics & finish the stir-fry. Add the butter, ginger and garlic to the skillet on medium-high. Cook for about 1 minute or until it’s starting to turn golden and aromatic. Return the chicken and broccoli and pour in the sauces. Stir fry for about a minute together and serve.
See Ingredients notes above for sauces and substitutions.
- Serving Size: About 1-1.5 cups
- Calories: 335
- Sugar: 2.8 g
- Sodium: 1151.6 mg
- Fat: 16.3 g
- Carbohydrates: 12.5 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 36.1 g
- Cholesterol: 106.9 mg
Keywords: Chicken Broccoli Stir Fry, Chicken Broccoli, Stir Fry, Chinese, Oyster Sauce Chicken Broccoli, Low Carb, Keto, Gluten-Free