Frozen banana, pineapple and coconut milk blended together with added superfood spirulina to create a delicious pina colada smoothie. Serve as a drink or a smoothie bowl.
- 6 pineapple slices + short bamboo skewers (I cut my longer ones to make them shorter)
- ½ teaspoon of coconut oil for frying
- 1 large banana, diced and frozen (1 cup diced)
- 1 cup diced ripe pineapple chunks (fresh or canned in juice)
- 1 cup full-fat coconut milk (I used the thickened part)
- 1 teaspoon spirulina powder
- 1 tablespoon lime or lemon juice
- 1/4–1/2 cup water (depending on the texture you like)
- Optional: a couple of ice-cubes (for thicker, colder summer version)
- coconut flakes, nuts, and seeds for garnish
- Pierce pineapple slices onto two skewers and pan fry in coconut oil over medium-high heat (about two minutes on each side, until golden grill marks appear). Set aside.
- Add the frozen banana, pineapple chunks, coconut cream, spirulina powder and lime juice to a blender or a food processor.
- If making as a drinking smoothie, add 1/2 cup of water or coconut water and process until smooth. Add a little extra water for thinner texture.
- For a thicker smoothie bowl, add less water or you can also freeze a few of the pineapple chunks. Whiz until thick and smoothe.
- Serve in glasses or bowls, as you wish. Garnish with some toasted coconut flakes or a handful of nuts and seeds and grilled pineapple skewers.
- Serving Size: 250-275 ml with grilled pineapple
- Calories: 381
- Sugar: 24.7 g
- Sodium: 29.5 mg
- Fat: 25.7 g
- Saturated Fat: 22.4 g
- Carbohydrates: 41.3 g
- Fiber: 4.2 g
- Protein: 4.6 g
- Cholesterol: 0 mg