Just as the regular version, paleo cauliflower egg fried rice is savoury, satiating and even more nutritious as we’re using lots of veggies. It can be served as a main or side dish and would make a mean breakfast, too. This recipe is gluten-free, Whole30 and paleo-friendly.
When I travelled through Asia, I would often find chicken rice or egg fried rice on breakfast menus. It’s usually known as a side dish with dinner or lunch but is surprisingly good in the morning, too. Maybe it’s because I don’t have a sweet tooth, but I love the savouriness of the stir-fried rice with egg, garlic, and salty condiments. I know often make a cauliflower egg fried rice instead of using regular rice.
There are many ways to make egg fried rice. Some people will stir the egg into the rice and allow it to get cooked by the hot rice. Others will cook the egg separately. I cook my cauliflower egg fried rice with the addition of celery and carrots, tasty aromatics like garlic, ginger and chili, and I add the chopped egg omelette right at the end.
This is a very quick and easy recipe that you can make with cauliflower chopped by hand or by using a food processor. I have a small hand-operated gadget that I love for making cauliflower rice. You can also use broccoli in this recipe or try my easy broccoli ‘rice’ here.
You can find more of my Asian-inspired healthy recipes here.
Paleo Cauliflower Egg Fried Rice
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cook Time: 15 minutes
- Total Time: 35 minutes
- Yield: 4 serves
- Category: Main
- Method: Stir-Fry
- Cuisine: Chinese
- Diet: Gluten Free
Learn how to make a delicious and nutritious cauliflower egg fried rice with onions, carrots and celery, which can be served as a side dish or as a main. It’s gluten-free, low-carb, paleo and Whole30-friendly recipe.
- Prepare the cauliflower. Cut the head into florets (I used half of a large head of cauliflower for 4 people) and then dice them into very small cubes. You could also use a food processor to do this. I use this awesome mini food processor to make cauliflower rice and it doesn’t even need power. Set aside. Prepare the rest of the veggies
- Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large wok or a frying pan. Add the chopped onions, carrots and celery, season with some salt and pepper and cook for 3-4 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add the garlic, ginger and chill and stir through for 30 seconds. Then, add the cauliflower and another tablespoon of oil. Keeping the heat high, continue to stir fry the ‘rice’ for 3-4 minutes until cauliflower has softened slightly. Finally, add the sauce, lemon juice and sesame oil and stir through for 30 seconds to combine.
- While the cauliflower rice is cooking, whisk together the eggs with a dash of coconut aminos or Tamari sauce and a pinch of salt. Heat up a small pan with a little oil or fat and add the egg mixture. Spread it around the pan and cook for a couple of minutes until set as an omelette. Transfer to a chopping board and dice up.
- Stir the cooked egg into the cauliflower rice, leaving some for the top. Finish the ‘fried cauliflower rice’ with some chopped spring onions (scallions) and serve. I also like some fresh coriander.
- Serving Size:
- Calories: 236
- Sugar: 5.9 g
- Sodium: 1576.1 mg
- Fat: 16.9 g
- Saturated Fat: 3.2 g
- Carbohydrates: 14.5 g
- Fiber: 4.3 g
- Protein: 9.7 g
- Cholesterol: 139.5 mg
SAVE THIS CAULIFLOWER RICE RECIPE TO PINTEREST
Comment or Rate This Recipe
Got questions or feedback? Leave a comment. Made the recipe? Please leave a rating as it helps other readers to discover this dish. Name and email are required to avoid spam comments and are never used for any purpose or shared with third parties.