These paleo Thanksgiving and Christmas recipes and menu ideas will help you put together a spectacularly delicious feast for your friends and family. From festive centrepiece mains and hearty sides to crowd-pleasing desserts, I’ve got you covered this season. You can enjoy all the comforting classics that make them a little healthier!
With the festive season fast approaching, many of us are starting to plan out the menus for family gatherings and parties. Whether you’re hosting and catering for the whole event, or you’ve been put in charge of a particular dish, these paleo Thanksgiving and Christmas ideas will help you get the best food in front of your guest.
Appetisers & Starters
For something seasonal, tasty and simple, you can’t go wrong with a vegetable dip and crackers. My beetroot, walnut and prune dip always gets the thumbs up and you can serve it with my mustard tahini paleo crackers. Or, you can try my pumpkin tahini and cashew hummus dip.
Another idea is to make a platter of my crispy cauliflower with spicy salsa sauce or colourful deviled eggs with creative fillings inside. My buffalo deviled eggs with crispy bacon are also a bit hit with the crowds!
You can find more ideas for paleo finger food and appetizers here.
WATCH MY TOP 10 VIDEO RECIPES HERE
Thanksgiving Mains (Protein Dishes)
While roast turkey is the go-to classic main for holiday dinners, there are lots of other festive protein options. I have a whole post about worthy turkey alternatives here, but some ideas include
- Macadamia and parsley crusted rack of lamb
- Roasted pork tenderloin with mushrooms and balsamic onions
- Turkey rissoles with cranberry pesto
- My roasted chicken with bacon and sage stuffing
- Greek-style roast chicken with lemon, garlic and herb marinade
- Oven-Cooked Brisket With Worcestershire & Balsamic Reduction
Thanksgiving Vegetable Sides
Being a huge fan of vegetables, I have a lot of side dishes to choose from. As a rule, you should have a few hot vegetable sides like a creamy mash, roasted potatoes, some braised greens and a more refreshing, cold salad like a tasty slaw with seasonal vegetables. Here are some delicious paleo side dishes to choose from.
- Nutmeg & Cinnamon Cauliflower Sweet Potato Mash
- Honey Balsamic Roasted Brussels Sprouts (seriously, the BEST!)
- Thyme & Garlic Roasted Kabocha Squash
- Sautéed Green Beans With Bacon, Mushrooms & Almonds (with VIDEO)
- Broccoli Slaw With Celery & Cranberries
- Roasted Pumpkin With Cranberries & Pecans
- Baked Sweet Potatoes With Walnut & Parsley Crumbs
- Beetroot & Olive Slaw Salad
- Brussels Sprouts With Cranberries & Garlic
- Simple Garlic Roasted Sweet Potatoes
- Dairy-Free Creamed Spinach
- Paleo Parsnip & Cauliflower Mash With Garlic Butter
- Roasted Cauliflower With White Sauce & Almonds
- Beetroot & Potato Vinegret Winter Salad
- Pimped Up Celeriac Slaw With Pancetta & Pine Nuts
- Jalapeno Coconut Bread (Alternative To Corn Bread)
- Paleo Thanksgiving Stuffing from Zen Belly
Thanksgiving Sauces & Condiments
I have a post featuring all different paleo sauces and condiments here, but for Thanksgiving and Christmas, I have a few favourites. My ‘Cheesy’ sauce is good with chicken or turkey, or poured over roasted cauliflower or green beans; you can also use it to make scalloped sweet or white potatoes. This simple homemade cranberry sauce from Fed & Fit is a must, and I love this easy umami gravy from Nom Nom Paleo.
Paleo Thanksgiving & Christmas Desserts
Whether you want to go for a classic pumpkin pie or you’d like to indulge in some chocolaty goodness, these recipes will get the sweet side of the menu covered. A couple of nut-free options are included!
- Pumpkin Sticky Date Pudding (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free)
- Pumpkin Pie With Pecan Crust & Topping (Gluten-Free, Dairy-Free, Paleo)
- Sweet Potato Brownies
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Soft & Chewy Gingerbread Cookies
- No-Bake Chocolate Caramel Slice
- Gingerbread Cupcakes (Nut-Free)
- 5-Ingredient Chocolate Cake (Nut-Free)
- Classic Paleo Pumpkin Pie from Paleo Running Momma
You could easily get away with a bottle of good red wine or sparkles, but if you want to make something a little more festive, these recipes are worth checking out.
- Slow Cooker Low-Carb Mulled Wine from the Real Food Dieticians
- Hot Mulled Apple Cider from Against All Grain
- Alcohol-free Faux Gin & Tonic
- Paleo Winter Champagne Cocktail from By Lynny
- Paleo Egg Nog from My Heart Beets
So there you go, my friends! Now you are equipped to create the most epic paleo Thanksgiving or Christmas ever. What will you choose? Comment below with your favourite dishes and drinks.